It’s no secret that innovation is the lifeblood of today’s most successful businesses. Hosted on the beautiful UC Berkeley campus, the Positive Leadership and Innovation program brings together leading UC Berkeley academics and top Silicon Valley professionals to focus the power of positive psychology on innovative work behavior. This three-day executive education program uses case studies, experiential learning, seminars and interactive exercises using pertinent student-driven, real-life challenges. Business leaders learn how to use innovation, leadership and Positive Psychology to help create work cultures where innovation can flourish. The program will also incorporate networking opportunities, allowing participants to create a community of like-minded professionals that will foster continued learning beyond the program.
- Basic principles of Positive Psychology and its application in organizations
- The Innovation Process (idea generation, promotion, and realization)
- Understanding the framework of character strengths and how to apply them to leadership styles
- Ability to create a corporate culture where innovation happens naturally
- Learn how to cultivate the antecedents of innovation
Positive Leadership and Innovation is an intensive three-day immersion experience designed to help leaders create a toolkit for immediate application in their workplace. Through the course, participants will learn how to use positive psychology as a leadership tool to create an organizational culture that empowers employees to act innovatively and build a high-powered network of colleagues from across companies and industries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
PEOPLE IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL ROLES WHO WANT TO:
- Create or influence a high-performance positive culture.
- Facilitate innovative work behavior with individual employees and teams.
- Promote leadership techniques that empower employees and teams to generate new ideas, gain internal support for new products or processes, take risks, and implement new ideas within the organization.
This 3-day program includes: tuition and class materials, parking, and a light supper.
November 8-10, 2017
UC Berkeley Campus
Total program tuition:
“Positive psychology gives organizations a new prism from which to view professional development. Traditional approaches focus on fixing what’s wrong, where as positive psychology… creates the opportunity for employees to unleash the tremendous talents they possess.”
– Rich Taylor, Director of Global Talent Development, Palo Alto Networks