Through pedagogy, we have proposed a method to transform the existing engineering mindset into engineering leadership. A summary of the skill transformation is as follows:
- Better judgment on what technology development shall manifest into business opportunity
- Refined communication skills to influence an organization and people
- Increased leadership ability to develop high team performance
- Operational and financial skills needed to execute decisions effectively
Though a systemic, project-oriented process, the overall result is the engineering leader’s professional development and the creation of a library of engineering leadership insights that can be shared with a global community.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Candidates are often recommended by the executive leadership within their firms
- Firms may contact the program to establish an institutional relationship
- Candidate may also apply directly–approximately 20% of seats are reserved for independent candidates
- Influencing top-level strategy as a technical leader or senior manager
- Understanding the implications of today’s changing technology opportunities ranging from Internet services, electronic currency, wearable computing, semiconductor advancements, Internet of Things, EVs, 3D Printing, and healthcare service topics
The ELPP program enables technical experts and senior engineering managers to:
- expertly manage and lead technical teams
- develop judgment and skills in opportunity recognition, product management, and financial operations from the perspective of a CFO
- enhance the value derived from R&D and technical operations
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- contribute more effectively and at higher levels within their firms
- exchange best practices with peers
- join a powerful engineering leadership network with colleagues from firms including Google, Yahoo!, Samsung, VMware, Lam Research, SanDisk, NetApp, Qualcomm, Cisco and Applied Materials
This is a 4 1/2-month program: 21 weekly 3hr evening sessions. Tuition includes all materials.
January 22, 2020
Hyatt House San Jose [map & directions here]
Total program tuition:
- Payment in full is required prior to official registration in the program.
- Payment can be made via credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, please contact Keith Gatto at firstname.lastname@example.org. An invoice can be sent and payment can be made via check, purchase order or ACH wire transfer (payment is due immediately upon receipt of invoice).
- A $100.00 fee will be assessed for all checks returned for insufficient funds.
- Available program material and logistics information will be sent upon full receipt of payment.
Cancellation and Transfers:
- Cancellations for full refund can be made within 5 business days of initial registration by sending your request to email@example.com.
- From 5 business days after registration to 15 business days before the program starts, a 50% refund may be granted. A written request should be sent to Keith Gatto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program and/or date transfers are available until 5 business days prior to the program start date.
- To transfer to a different program or date of the same program, please send your request to email@example.com. We will do our best to ensure enrollment in the next program iteration; if the requested program or date is sold out, you will be placed on a priority waitlist. Incremental program fees, if any, will be billed separately.
[For more information, please visit the ELPP website.]