WHAT IS THE INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT)?
The “Internet of Things” (IoT) is the concept associated with devices becoming connected as the cost of sensors and connectivity continues to plunge. Connected devices can be as simple as a toaster signaling its status, or as complex as a jet engine streaming real-time updates during flight. More than 50 billion IoT connected devices are expected by 2020.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Whether you are an independent entrepreneur or leading in a large corporate environment, we’ll help you discover how to take advantage of this technology trend and build concrete “next steps” for your business development strategy toolbox.
PROGRAM TOPICS :
- How the Internet of Things is creating new opportunities for businesses
- Understanding the barriers and underlying technologies in the adoption of IoT
- How companies are reducing operational expenses and creating a competitive advantage with IoT
- Realizing the value created by collecting, communicating, coordinating, and leveraging the data from connected devices
- How IoT data is being used to enhance business strategy and impact the bottom line
- Understanding how to develop and implement your own IoT technologies, solutions, and applications
OVERVIEW AND BENEFITS:
The Internet of Things (IoT) is already transforming how we live, work and interact with each other. All companies will be impacted by the use and deployment of IoT one way or another; strikingly similar to how the Internet impacted all businesses in the late nineties. This program focuses on the technologies behind IoT, it prepares participants to understand what the Internet of Things is and the potential impacts it can have on a business. The program reviews IoT business strategy from theory to implementation, describing how key decisions are made and how to avoid pitfalls. It will use actual case studies reviewing how industry leaders are deploying the use of the Internet of Things in industry.
This 3-day program includes: tuition and class materials, parking, and a light supper.
June 20-22, 2018
UC Berkeley Campus
Total program tuition: